GIDI GIRL LOST IN THE EAST...



...I MISS GIDI!!!    weeping profusely...

I knew the day would come when I would be wailing profusely and missing my city, "gidi" even the name has swag. My gawd I have lost myself in this city called Umuahia.
Rewind... I came to Umuahia to keep my parents company. 
I have been here for a month now and even my braces are feeling the brute of this city. Umuahia is just a city that has refused to resurrect from its ashes. When the world is moving on to the 21st century, they seem to be lost in the 70's. My gawd the people here are suffering and smiling and the Governor, is a clown on his own. Building this and that and implementing construct work of whatever it is that he is doing and for the 6 yrs and, he has been in power, non of these constructions have been fully completed. At least, not by my own little knowledge or understanding of development. Remember, am still a proud "gidi" girl!
I remember my junior secondary school days in F.G.G.C Umuahia, when I would come back to town during mid-term breaks, either in my Uncle's place in Azikiwe road or my Aunt in the same lane. And the way it was way back in 2002 through to 2003 is the same till date.Its like I have been lost in time... I can hear crickets. The first time I came over after so long to see my aunt, I was in shudders. My gawd nothing has changed. They seemed to be lost in the past. I was just disappointed in the state and most especially the Governor. That man needs to be flogged! in the bare butt!! like a child!!!
Talking to my cousins about the state of Umuahia and I was shocked when all they had were songs of praise of the man. They kept babbling of how the man has done a lot, like giving them good roads and this and that... blah blah blah ...mumbling of people who don't know their right and what they should be receiving from their govt. Then again I don't blame them, all they know and have experienced is Umuahia. They haven't gone to other cities to experience their way of life, development and shift from backward to civilization. Oh!  wait, they have. They actually visit Abuja from time to time and have experienced their development. But why then do they still support this Governor that they claim is doing such a great thing and is more like a messiah to their city?! I believe they have just resigned to the fact that nothing good can come out from Umuahia, so therefore whatever they see, they embrace and move on.
But I stand by the fact that Umuahia can be redeemed, Umuahia can resurrect from its ashes. Investors can come and see a place to grow, invest, build and make revenue from. Why? because the people are warm, hard working and cheerful. When you put people like these together with a better Governor who puts the peoples interest first before himself, then there, will you start to see changes and improvements. Before I leave the most annoying part of Umuahia out, B.C.A has always been a thorn in my flesh, right from my days in F.G.G.C and till date, it is the only television station Umuahia has and THANK GOD! for NTA that has stations all over the country, because if not for them, well B.C.A (Broadcast Station Abia) would be the star of the city. My gosh and please let me not go to the radio station- There are just two stations, Love 104.1fm and another that is never clear. I feel like scratching my eyes out just staying in Umuahia.
Lagos wasn't always a city to be proud of, coming from a girl born and bred there, because like every other city with a bad leader, it had its ups and downs. The only reason Lagos is what it is,is because it was once the state capital before Abuja and also the Center of Excellence. And am not just saying that as a passing phrase, am saying that because it truly is.  Governor Fashola (Present Governor of Lagos) is a man that has changed the face of Lagos from nothingness to what it represents today. For that reason, Lagosians will always be true to him and appreciate the work of his hand. The first quarter of his regime, he practically tore Lagos up. But when he amended it, it was marvellous in our sight and you can see for yourself from pictures and even positive reviews from the new Lagos.
Lagos has Television stations that are of high quality, forget DSTV, the less privileged can also be entertained. The the radio stations, the love of my life, there are over 18 stations that run 24/7. I would have loved to list them, but I don't want to sound like an oversabbi! 

  1. cool fm 96.9fm
  2. rhythm fm             
  3. beat fm 99.9
  4. naija fm
  5. wazobia fm
  6. smooth fm
  7. radio continental fm
  8. unilag fm
  9. star fm
  10. classic fm ...etc
I can't believe am saying this but am missing gidi traffic... yes I said it, I miss the hold up that goes on and on even for hours. I miss the cinemas, the malls"its not like I buy anything, but window shopping isn't a crime now is it?" I miss my friends...

You never know what you have until you miss it! ... I haven't lost it yet.


                                                                                     Please leave your comments, I would love to hear from you, and hopeful pity... tank u!

Comments

  1. Oh ihuoma I miss you die! :* come back soon babe!
    Take care! Talk tew yu soon!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh boo I miss you more... ehn! am running back no time!!!

      Delete
  2. Awwww... Girl! Like I always still say... Ladgidi 4 life... No city can beat lagos n its natural entertainment... Even wen u dnt want it...#Allow me to edit ur blogs so dat we can make it more interestin# *wink n muah*
    This is Clare d original copy of d C-sq twins... Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup! yup!! dats what's up!!! mehn no city. Oh pls always a pleasure you are welcome. Lets make history hahaha...
      I rep C-sq anytime any day.

      Delete
  3. awww thought you were back already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did it show?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!