THAT TIME OF THE MONTH . . .




Hey ladies, you know that time of the month when all hell breaks loose and you are a total new monster? lol... How do we ever handle that? I call us super heroes. Listening to the likes of Alicia Keys and Beyounce who are always singing and talking about girl power and superiority.



I have a friend that whenever she is on her period, its always an emergency in the hospital. Always screaming, vomiting, shouting, kicking, breaking things, fainting etc. Its a total mess. Most times, she counts her days and admits herself in the hospital to prepare herself for the "DAY". When I first witnessed her in that state, I was so confused and scared, I thought she was going to die . When I met her later as she got better as the days passed, about what I had seen and how she had behaved , she said with a careless wave of a hand that," it was just my period!" And I just stared at her for minutes and thought to myself  , if that was her period, what happens during pregnancy?



I also know a girl who when she is on  her period, its a holiday. She is as jolly as jolly can be. She doesn't feel any pain whatsoever. Please do not say its sugar,well most times it is , but not in her case. She takes sugar like its going extinct and even takes ice cream during her periods. I envy girls like her, I wish I had that luxury.

I guess I fall into the majority of females who have terrible periods, like the usual lower tummy pains or cramps, back pains headaches etc. But looking at my situation and comparing it with most of the "painful" majority, I am somewhat fortunate.  






What of when guys use it against us ladies? hmm ... For example, when they are like: "hey babe what's                      wrong? is it that time of the month?! when they are actually the ones who just messed up badly.
How dare they ... how dare they use that against us? Do they know or understand what it feels like to be in that situation? For your uterus to stretch pull and contract all at once? Its a f**king war down there!!! ....



...inhales exhales...
I guess that's just guys being who they are.


I say we girls ROCK, we are on FIRE, we RULE ....why? Because we observe that time of the month when we are temperamental,  touchy, we have mood swings, irritated and in serious pain. We also experience pregnancy which is not a game for boys! And we take care of our family.





So whenever you experience that time of the month, just know that being a girl rocks...







NB: Please excuse the curse words, they were intended!

Comments