The Commandments Of Leggings As Pants

The Commandments Of Leggings As Pants Friday, January 18, 2013 by Caitlin Corsetti I don’t even think I own real pants anymore. Source: Shutterstock
One of my guy friends told me to put on some pants the other day. I was really confused because I was wearing pants. Well, I was wearing leggings. But leggings are pants in my mind and wardrobe. And what would have made my leggings more pants-esque? Pockets on my butt? A zipper? How do my leggings differ from my skinny jeans other than those factors? Oh right… THEY DON’T. I’m here to state that I am pro-leggings as pants. I know it’s a controversial stance, but I don’t care. I’ll lobby for it in front of Congress if I have to! Leggings are pants. They are just super stretchy, amazingly comfortable pants. They breathe better, they’re less constricting and you can eat and eat and eat in them without having to unbutton. I don’t know why this is deemed unacceptable by some. I mean, of course there are some rules you should follow. I dub these the Commandments Of Leggings As Pants: 1. Leggings must not be see-through: This is very important. Many stores sell leggings that are so thin, you can see all your business. That’s just really impractical. See-through pants will not keep you warm. Make sure your leggings are opaque because then they will be pants. See-through leggings are known as tights or pantyhose. 2. In the event your leggings are sheer, wear a long top: If you can in fact see through your leggings, you must wear something that covers your butt. Seriously, just do it. 3. Leggings must not have holes in them: Obviously your leggings are comfortable so you will wear them all the time. They will rip and tear from use eventually. In the event that this happens, buy new leggings. 4. Leggings should be the appropriate size: Leggings do come in sizes. Because they are pants. But rules of pants also apply here, which means you should buy the size that your body needs. No one sees your tag except you, and if it bothers you just snip the tag off. 5. Leggings should be of neutral colors: Black, gray, brown, navy. Patterned leggings are a thing now and these are fine, but use your best judgement. White leggings are a no-go. So if you want to wear leggings as pants, go for it! Don’t let your regular-pants-wearing friends or anyone else ruin your comfort! Do you wear leggings as pants? Do you think leggings are pants? Tell me in the comments! Read more: http://www.gurl.com/2013/01/18/leggings-as-pants/#ixzz2JgWWdCxn

Comments