KELLY SPILLS IT ALL; ON BEYONCE, HER ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP IN NEW SINGLE "DIRTY LAUNDRY"



Kelly Rowland

This song is an in-depth journey in the life of Kelly as she tells her story her own way, of her envy for Bey and her struggle in her relationship as at that time. The sincerity in this song will make you fall deeper in love with Kelly-her personality and music... read more





According to Necolebitchie.com

Kelly Rowland has been very private when it comes to her personal life, but now, she’s putting everything on the table in her new record, “Dirty Laundry.” On the new track, which premiered on Power 105.1FM’s Breakfast Club this morning, she makes a very honest revelation about being jealous of Beyonce’s success at one point in time and being involved with with an abuser (we can assume she’s talking about a boyfriend???) who tried to turn her against her friends–especially Beyonce.

Lyrics



While my sister was on stage killing it like a mother
I was enraged feelin’ it like a mother
Bird in the cage, you would never know what I was dealing
we went our separate ways but I was happy she was killing it
Bittersweet, she was up I was down.
No lie I feel good for her, but what do I do now?
Meanwhile, this n-gga putting his hands on me
swear y’all don’t know the half of this industry.
Chorus
Let’s do this dirty laundry, this dirty laundry.
Let’s do this dirty laundry, this dirty laundry.
When you’re soaked in tears for years, it never airs out
When you make pain look this good it never wears out
It’s dirty laundry, dirty laundry
And it’s almost been a decade, I’m behind them black shades
Roll up like it’s all good, riding in that Escalade
Fix my make up, get it together Kelly get it together
Then we make up, we’ll get it together, get it together
Kind of lucky I was in her shadow.
Phone call from my sister. What’s the matter?
She said Oh no, You’ve got to leave.
I’m on the kitchen floor. He took the keys
I was mad at everybody. I mean everybody.
Yea her her her, everybody
Five years later, I got my sh-t down pat.
Think I had it good and they don’t know how bad.
Fooled everybody except myself.
Soaking in this hurt, bathing in this hurt.
[Chorus]
So here I am in this spin cycle,
We coming and we going, nobody could notice
I was trapped in this house lying to my mama
Thought it could get no worse as we maximized the drama.
Started to call them people on him, I was battered.
He hit the window like it was me until it shattered.
He pulled me out and said “Don’t nobody love you but me
not yo mama, not your daddy and especially not Bey”
He turned me against my sister, I missed ya!
[Chorus]




I loved the honesty in the record. Over the years, Kelly has definitely left a lot to be desired when it came to her personal life but she definitely has a story to tell. She could write a book.
Update: Before you make assumptions that she is singing about her relationship with her ex-fiance Roy Williams, he wants you to know that she’s definitely not talking about him.
Screen Shot 2013-05-15 at 11.16.26 AM


Comments