JOURNEY TO THE B.Sc (Blog Series Ep2)

SCHOOL STARTS…




The first week of resumption was the most torturous feeling imaginable and registration took a full 2 months. Why? Other than the fact that it was; stressful, exhausting and literary a period of blood sweat and tears, 2007/2008 set of 100 level students where many… when I say many I mean we were plenty and that was just for October Batch, March Batch and July Batch were still to come and of course merge. At this time, the school was giving admission like no mans business…

School life was frustrating, the rules were out of this world and the security couldn’t even protect themselves. Luckily for me, I got a room down stairs that had a connecting sock-away and when the pipes got busted, my room suffered the wrath of rotten stool which never gets fixed till at least two to three weeks tops. The bone of contention here was that I wasn’t a squatter (squatting was a trend at the time) and room floors, corridors, verandas and any open space was flooding with bodies and luggage's of students. The fear of conjunctivitis was the beginning of wisdom and I am thankful that no one I knew suffered the ailment… or did they?!


Hundred level was just pure, getting to know your way around the environment, making new friends and of course people who would make your life in school a lot easier …. Mistake I made, I had none of the later.
One thing Madonna university has and is undisputed is that, most of the students are good-looking both boys and girls… and they have swag! So enough eye candy...  It was in that environment I learnt about life, not all of it, but how life works. All way na way and there is always something around a restriction… either you get through it, over it or around it. Plus nothing is ever as it seems especially when people are concerned.

When I was in my hundred level second semester; I was hundred percent certain that law wasn’t the course of study for me in any way. Besides the fact that people who were studying law looked like robots with their black and white uniforms, the school and NUC where in a crossfire with law faculty being over populated. That was when I knew I was in a crisis filled environment. They not only had internal problems, external forces were also against them and I was in the middle of it all and I prayed to God who made heaven and earth that I should not be caught in the middle of it all.


 Then the rumors came streaming in, there was going to be screening of law students but “WE” (students) had no idea of the criteria the screening was going to be based on...







Journey To The BSc Blog Series comes every; Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Thank you for reading...
Share and inspire someone today.

Comments