CHIMAMANDA NGOZI ADICHIE IS THE NEW FACE OF A MAKEUP PRODUCT.

      
                 
                           "MAKE UP IS MAKE-UP. IT'S HOW YOU FEEL WEARING IT THAT MATTERS"


Nigerian internationally celebrated Author and Feminist, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is the new face for No7 makeup advertising campaign celebrating how empowering wearing makeup feels.
British beauty brand Boots aims to portray female beauty as being not just about being pretty but saying that beauty comes from the inside for its “READY to Speak Up” campaign.


According to an interview with Marshable, Chimamanda -"I like makeup. I can intellectualize it and say that it’s also partly the idea that I refuse to accept that somehow feminism and femininity are mutually exclusive.”
"I love makeup and its wonderful possibilities for temporary transformation. And I also love my face after I wash it all off. There is something exquisitely enjoyable about seeing yourself with a self-made new look," the novelist said in a statement emailed to Mashable
"And for me that look is deeply personal. It isn’t about what is in fashion or what the rules are supposed to be. It’s about what I like. What makes me want to smile when I look in the mirror. What makes me feel slightly better on a dull day. What makes me comfortable."

We love you for loving makeup and not only so, but for the strides you have achieved. There are perks you get when Beyonce features your work and even though you don’t share her type of feminism, this is definitely one of them.

Comments